Luto

When I die don’t think you’ve “lost” me.

I’ll be right there with you, living on in the memories we have made.

When I die don’t say I “fought a battle.” Or “lost a battle.” Or “succumbed.”

Don’t make it sound like I didn’t try hard enough, or have the right attitude, or that I simply gave up.

When I die don’t say I “passed.”

That sounds like I walked by you in the corridor at school.

When I die tell the world what happened.

Plain and simple.

No euphemisms, no flowery language, no metaphors.

Instead, remember me and let my words live on.

Tell stories of something good I did.

Give my children a kind word. Let them know what they meant to me. That I would have stayed forever if I could.

Don’t try to comfort my children by telling them I’m an angel watching over them from heaven or that I’m in a better place:

There is no better place to me than being here with them.

They have learned about grief and they will learn more.

That is part of it all.

When I die someday just tell the truth:

I lived, I died.

The end.

(Lisa Boncheck Adams)

Comentarios

ranasanchez dijo…
Ni más ni menos. No por poner veinte fotos en redes sociales en las que apareces con la persona en cuestión, quiere decir que tu dolor es más profundo y tu amor más grande. Cada quién su forma de llevar el duelo, y salvo sus honrosas excepciones, me parece que es un intento por demostrar mayor cercanía con el ser que partió. En fin, duele cabrón, eso que ni qué.

Entradas populares